The importance of detox from oxycodone
For individuals who are suffering from ongoing pain, certain medications are helpful in restoring their quality of life. Oxycodone and oxycodone-based medications, more specifically, are prescription painkillers that are effective at alleviating physical pain and discomfort, though they should be taken with caution. Because of their addictive nature and potential for abuse if they are misused, oxycodone and oxycodone-based medications are often prescribed with a warning to only take them as directed. However, there are many individuals who disregard their doctor’s warning, occasionally consuming this substance outside of the recommended guidelines as a means of getting high. Unfortunately, the longer a painkiller is abused, the more likely a person is to develop an addiction to it.
If you regularly consume oxycodone or oxycodone-based medications and are finding it exceptionally hard to stop this form of substance abuse on your own, you may be an excellent candidate for treatment that includes detoxification services. Also known as detox, this level of care is designed to help you get through the first phase of your recovery journey as safely as possible. Since the withdrawal symptoms that can emerge when you’re no longer taking oxycodone can be quite uncomfortable and bring risk to your health, detox is beneficial in that it can preserve your wellbeing and set you on the path towards a truly sober life.
The benefits of detox from oxycodone
For many people, continuing to abuse oxycodone is a viable option that makes sense once symptoms of withdrawal manifest since ongoing misuse of this medication wards off withdrawal. However, if you engage in this sort of pattern, you’re likely to develop a more severe addiction in the long run. Conversely, if you participate in a treatment program that features detox, you’ll be able to abstain from further oxycodone use and benefit in the following life-saving ways:
- While in treatment, you’ll no longer have access to oxycodone and other harmful substances of abuse. Most treatment centers don’t allow additive substances onsite, which will allow you to hold true to your recovery goals from the start.
- Traces of oxycodone will be cleared from your system, which will allow you to experience an improvement in your overall health right at the start of your care.
- Your health will be closely monitored by caring and expertly trained professionals who will do all that they can to make sure that you complete detox safely. Doctors, nurses, nurse practitioners, and other professionals will be on-hand for the duration of your care and can support you during this important part of your treatment.
- You’ll have access to certain medications that can alleviate your discomfort should the withdrawal symptoms be too much for you to cope with on your own. These medications are administered by professionals who will make sure that you don’t develop another issue with substances abuse while in treatment.
- Detox will provide you with the clarity of mind that you need to focus on the other aspects of your recovery. Instead of being preoccupied by nagging cravings and trying to figure out where you can get more oxycodone, you’ll be ready to focus on healing in mind and spirit.
For the entire time that you’re in detox, you will be afforded with every advantage possible to help you be successful in your effort to become sober. You’ll also be able to seamlessly transition into your next phase of treatment with a significantly reduced chance of relapsing.
Failing to receive care that includes detox can make overcoming an oxycodone addiction even more challenging. The risk of relapse is significantly greater, the possibility of overdose increases, and being able to leave the abuse of oxycodone in the past is more likely to be a far off ambition rather than achievement.
However, at Delta Medical Center, we believe that there is another way, a better way to defeat an oxycodone addiction once and for all. At our state-of-the-art treatment center, we supply effective and life-changing detox services that can help you make great strides in your recovery and allow you to see the light at the end of the tunnel. With a staff of deeply devoted professionals, evidence-based methods of care, and a commitment to helping you reach your treatment goals, you can rest assured that the services you’ll receive at Delta will change your life for the better.
To learn more about detox and addiction treatment at Delta Medical Center, feel free to call our center at your convenience. Let us help you realize a better life today.